Donate, Sponsor, Foster, Volunteer
If you can't foster, donate. If you can't donate, volunteer. If you can't volunteer, help us spread the word.
If you want to foster, simply fill out an application and we will review it, make a home visit, and work with you to place appropriate pets in your home. We provide everything and we're only a phone call away for help, as well. Expenses can be reimbursed, and we make sure your foster pet is healthy, vetted, and will help you train them. Special cases do come up from time to time, and we will make sure you are comfortable with the foster pet and any special care it may need. We make sure you have food, leashes, toys, crates, bedding, and anything else you should need. If you buy treats, food or other approved items, you will be reimbursed. We need kind folks who are willing to open their homes for rescued pets - we can't do it without you. If you have any questions, please let us know by using our contact page here.
We are always looking for physical item donations. We provide our fosters with everything they need, including crates, beds, blankets, bowls, collars and leashes and some training toys. We also give food to our fosterers for our animals.
Donations may be dropped off at:
** The Animal Care Veterinary Clinic. 704 S Melgaard Road, Aberdeen, SD. (605-229-1691)
** At Hair Envy found at 125 Railroad Ave. SE, Aberdeen, SD.
**Arrangements to pick up items may be made by emailing us at or by calling (605)228-2984 or (605)290-9039.
We are a 501c3 organization. Your donation may be tax deductible, please contact us with any questions.
Here is a list of physical, non-perishable items we are currently in need of:
- stainless steel water/food bowls
- stainless steel litter pans can be found on Amazon.com (these actually are restaurant steamer pans, they do not hold odor or germs and are easily sanitized)
- slip leads and collars (all sizes) (NO prong collars or shock collars please)
-Halti and Gentle Leader head harnesses
-Various size dog harness
- washable, bleach safe, dog beds and blankets
- bleach (small bottles)
- crates and kennels all sizes
- puppy pads
- kitty litter
- Frontline and HeartGuard for dogs and cats (all weight ranges)
- Pet shampoo
- Powder Kitten Milk Replacement and Puppy Milk Replacement
Special request items:
- Tupperware or Sterilite bins, med and large
- Copy paper
- Canon ink cartridges 1200 and 1200xl magenta, black, yellow, cyan
- Canon ink cartridges 250 and 251
Food donations: Please contact a BCPRL representative if you wish to donate food. We also are in need of cash donations for our Pet Food Bank.
Help make a difference and sign up
to volunteer today!
If you'd like to help at events, or are willing to help transport pets, help us with getting pets to and from appointments, or anything else, plese let us know by filling out this handy form.