BCPRL Pet Food Bank
The Brown County Pet Rescue League has received a grant to establish and maintain a monthly pet food bank for those in need.
Food will be distributed on an as-needed basis. A BCPRL representative will contact you to arrange for drop off or pick up.
If you would like to donate funds to keep the bank going, please email us. We can't take donations of food due to storage constraints.
BCPRL's Pet Food Bank offers temporary assistance to help individuals and families in need feed their pets and should not be used as a permanent source of pet food. BCPRL WILL NOT donate to anyone breeding, selling or flipping animals and it reserves the right to refuse anyone under any circumstance. Below are the guidelines. However, every request will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. BCPRL will provide approximately one month of food for up to 4 pets in the household.
1. Proof of unemployment, income status, SNAP or TANF, or disability with a valid driver license or some form of ID (including: most recent EBT receipt within 15 days, other program benefit cards or proof of receipt, SSI or disability proof of receipt or card, non-expired photo ID)
2. Recipients must be 18 years of age or older. ID may be required
3. Pets are for companionship and not for breeding or illegal activities
4. All pets must be spayed/neutered (unless there is a medical condition prohibiting this, vet proof will be required in this instance).
5. Pets must be a part of the family with inside shelter and must be maintained in a healthy environment and living conditions
6. Pet food recipients cannot take on any additional animals while receiving assistance
7. Understand that some pet food is donated and may not be the current brand you use to feed your pet, which may upset your pet’s stomach
8.Agree not to hold BCPRL, its volunteers, and benefactors legally liable in the unfortunate event your pet(s) become ill or the food upsets a pets(s) stomach
9.Recipients agree not to resell, redistribute or attempt to return to a store, any food received from BCPRL Pet Food Bank
*BCPRL will make every effort to consider special requests for certain formulas or flavors of dog and cat food (i.e., Senior, indoor, etc.), but make no guarantee to provide specific brands.
For a download application, click here. You may email it to us at or BCPRL 301 S Dakota St, Aberdeen, SD 57401.
IPSWICH AND GROTON RESIDENTS: Your drop offs MUST be scheduled a few days in advance. BCPRL CANNOT do same-day drop off.